The Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs aims to serve as a bridge for overseas Chinese students in their communications with others at the university. Strategic planning of affairs regarding overseas Chinese students Assistance in the studies and development of characters to overseas Chinese students so that they will have sound characters and professional expertise Assistance in overseas Chinese students' social events and activities so that they can develop leadership and face challenges.
3rd Fl., Hui-Sun Auditorium
Staffs & Services
Wenrong Timothy Tsay, Ph.D.
- General Management
- TEL：+886-4-22840243; +886-4-22840668#704
- Health Insurance services
- Accident, injury, and emergency services
- Oversea Chinese Club services
- Assistance for oversea Chinese various activities
- Chinese New Year dinner when fall semester end
- Collection of prospective alum's contact information and graduation DVD
- Maintenance of personal information of the Division and website information
- Management of work-study students
- Notification of military service for oversea's Chinese
- Supervision of Overseas Chinese Club's equipment
- Assistance to those with maladjustment problems and accidents
- Other pop-up assignments
- TEL：+886-4-22840243 Ext 32
- Alien Residency Visas:
After the enrollment, the Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs will help students to apply for an ARC. This will legally permits the students to stay in Taiwan while studying at NCHU.
- Entry/Exit Permits:
For those students who need to return to their country of origin, during winter break, summer break, and anytime during the school session, the Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs will apply for Entry/Exit Permits on behalf of the students.
- Student Aid Applications:
The Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs, depending on the current policies from the Ministry of Education, will assist overseas Chinese students from low-income families, in applying for financial aid to ease their financial hardship. This is done after enrollment.
- Scholarships for Overseas Chinese:
At the beginning of each academic year, the Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs will handle scholarship applications for overseas Chinese students.
- Work-Study Programs for overseas Chinese students
- In order for low-income overseas Chinese students to obtain a means to meet the needs of their daily expenses, the Division of Overseas Chinese Students Affairs will approve students for work-study programs basing on the basis of work-study quota provided by the Division fo Overseas Chinese Students Affairs Committee.
- Students must apply through the Overseas Chinese and Foreign Student Affairs Office for off-campus work-study.
- TEL：+886-4-22840243 Ext 31