When feeling depressed, frustrated, and having hardship in your life, do you want to have someone who can really understand you to talk to? Someone who can accompany you when you are seeking direction of your life? In Health and Counseling center, through a one-on-one approach, a professional psychologist will accompany you to relieve your emotions and stress, and re-understanding/knowing yourself.
- We are at 4th floor of Hui-Sun Memorial Hall
- We have well-prepared, heart-warming and individual spaces so you can share anything in your mind without being disturb.
- We also have a professional team which is consist of licensed psychologists, social workers, and supervised intern psychologist. They all possess both background of professional training as well as extensive experience of counselling service, which can assist you to go through your confusion and hardship of life.
Click to enter the introduction and the expertise of our counseling team members
Department counseling personnel system
In order to establish a healthy psychological environment, the Health and Counseling Center of the Office of Academic Affairs plans to promote the system of counseling personnel for individual departments. Licensed psychologists and social workers will serve as the counseling personnel for each corresponding departments, combining the counseling mechanism of tutors, instructors and school security teachers of each department to improve the efficiency of high-risk cases management and strengthen the mental health of students in the school. The counseling work of the department counseling personnel are as follows:
- Follow-up counseling for transfer students: Provide continuous follow-up counseling for students who have continuous counseling needs after enrollment, and hold transition meetings and cross-unit joint meetings with relevant teaching and administrative units to discuss student guidance strategies depending on the student's situation. After leaving school, provide transition guidance with the follow up school or match community resources, so that students' counseling needs can be connected.
- Follow-up counseling for high-risk students in the mental health survey: Conduct a mental health survey for undergraduate, master, and doctoral freshmen (including transfer students), screen out high-risk students and provide follow-up counseling. If a student has a high risk of suicide, self-injury or harming others, department counseling personnel will cojoint with the department or relevant administrative units of the school (such as the safety office, residential auxiliary team, etc.) to provide certain help.
- Follow-up counseling for crisis cases: High-risk or emergency cases received by the emergency class will be transferred to the department counseling personnel for follow-up counseling, and cross-unit joint counseling meetings will be held according to individual needs to coordinate teaching and administration inside and outside the school. Relevant units such as social affairs and health administration will together formulate counseling strategies through discussions and integration all resources needed.
- Debriefing service and follow-up care for high-risk cases: Suicide or accidental incidents (such as death) of students will be handled by the department counseling personnel, who will coordinate the follow-up resource link and related counseling treatment of the case, such as handling grief counseling, providing reassuring services for departments or related units, screening witnessed, surviving or related high-risk students for follow-up care, etc.
- Class tutoring: Departmental teachers or students can apply for class tutoring from the Health Counseling Center according to the needs of the class or laboratory, and the special assistant staff of the department will come to the class for class tutoring.
Department counseling personnel arrangement
Our team have 7 counseling psychologists and 2 social workers to serve as department counseling personnel, the department of each correspondent personnel are as follows:
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Soil and Environmental Sciences|
|Master Program of Agricultural Economics and Marketing|
|Professional Master Program of Agricultural Business Management|
|College of Liberal Arts||Department of Chinese Literature
(Division of continuing education)
|College of Management||Department of Finance|
|College of Law and Politics||Department of Law|
|Graduate Institute of International Politics|
|Graduate Institute of Professional Development for Educators|
|Graduate Institute of National Policy and Public Affairs|
|International College of Innovation and Industry Liaison||Tricontinental Master Program in Global Studies|
|Noncollege Program Degree||Ph.D. Program in Microbial Genomics|
|College of Medicine||Ph.D. Program in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine|
|Academy of Circular Economy||Plant Health Care Doctoral Degree Program (PHCDDP)
Plant Health Care Master Degree Program (PHCMDP)
|Specialty Crops and Metabolomics Doctoral Degree Program (SCMDDP)
Specialty Crops and Metabolomics Master Degree Program (SCMMDP)
|Biological and Sustainable Technology Doctoral Degree Program (BSTDDP)
Biological and Sustainable Technology Master Degree Program (BSTMDP)
|International Precision Agribusiness Development Doctoral Degree Program (IPADDDP)
International Precision Agribusiness Development Master Degree Program (IPADMDP)
|Industrial and Smart Technology Doctoral Degree Program (ISTDDP)
Industrial and Smart Technology Master Degree Program (ISTMDP)
|Semiconductor and Green Technology Doctoral Degree Program (SGTDDP)
Semiconductor and Green Technology Master Degree Program (SGTMDP)
(Substitute) LIN, YU-JU(parental leave)
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Bio-industrial Mechatronics Engineering|
|College of Liberal Arts||Department of Chinese Literature|
|College of Engineering||Department of Environmental Engineering|
|Department of Chemical Engineering|
|College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|College of Management||Department of Management Information Systems|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Applied Economics|
|College of Liberal Arts||Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures(division of continuing education)|
|College of Science||Department of Chemistry|
|Department of Applied Mathematics|
|Department of Physics|
|Department of Physics|
|Institute of Statistics|
|Institute of Data Science & Information Computing|
|Doctoral Program in Data Science and Industrial Analytics|
|Master's Program in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Agronomy|
|Department of Soil and Water Conservation|
|College of Liberal Arts||Program of Digital Humanities and Creative Industries|
|College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||Industrial Technology Master Program on Control Engineering|
|Industrial Technology Master Program on optoelectronic semiconductor|
|College of Management||Department of Business Administration|
|College of Veterinary Medicine||Department of Veterinary Medicine|
|Graduate Institute of Microbiology and Public Health|
|Graduate Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||International Bachelor Program of Agribusiness|
|Department of Entomology|
|Department of Food Science and Biotechnology|
|College of Liberal Arts||Bachelor Program in Taiwan Humanities and Creativity|
|College of Engineering||Department of Materials Science and Engineering|
|College of Management||Department of Accounting|
|Graduate Institute of Technology Management|
|Graduate Institute of Sports and Health Management|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences(MBAS)|
|Program of Landscape & Recreation|
|Bachelor Program of Bio-industry Management|
|Graduate Institute of Bio-Industry Management|
|College of Liberal Arts||Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures|
|College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|Bachelor Program of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|College of Management||Department of Marketing|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Horticulture|
|Department of Plant Pathology|
|College of Liberal Arts||Graduate Institute of Taiwan Literature and Transnational Cultural Studies|
|INTERNATIONAL PHD PROGRAM IN TAIWAN AND TRANSCULTURAL STUDIES|
|College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||Graduate Institute of Optoelectronic Engineering|
|College of Management||Executive Master of Business Administration|
|College of Life Sciences||Department of Life Sciences|
|Institute of Genomics and Bioinformatics|
|Institute of Molecular Biology|
|Graduate Institute of Biochemistry|
|Institute of Biomedical Sciences|
|Ph.D. Program in Medical Biotechnology|
|Ph.D. Program in Translational Medicine|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Animal Science|
|Graduate Institute of Food Safety|
|College of Liberal Arts||Department of History|
|College of Engineering||Department of Civil Engineering|
|College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||Department of Computer Science and Engineering|
|College of Agriculture and Natural Resources||Department of Forestry|
|Bachelor Program of Biotechnology|
|Graduate Institute of Biotechnology|
|Master Program for Plant Medicine and Good Agricultural Practice|
|College of Liberal Arts||Graduate Institute of Library and Information Science|
|College of Engineering||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|Undergraduate Program of Intellectual Creativity Engineering|
|Graduate Institute of Precision Engineering|
|Graduate Institute of Biomedical Engineering|
|College of Management||BACHELOR PROGRAM OF INNOVATIVE INDUSTRY MANAGEMENT|
- All individual psychological counseling service is on an appointment basis. Please login “NCHU single sign on system”->”All Application Entry” → “Psychological Counseling system”to apply for counselling service.
Click to enter online appointment system
※P.S. If you’re facing trouble making online appointment, you may also phone the center with no. 04-22840241 during office hours or visit the center in person to make an appointment instead.
- Notification of appointment time: The center will match you a suitable psychologist according to your expectations for consultation and convenient meeting time. After matching a suitable psychologist for you, you will be notified by text message and E-mail. Please wait patiently.
- 3. Number of applications: The number of applications for individual psychological counseling services is limited to 2 counseling sessions each semester, and each session is about 6 times.
- Counseling time: once a week, 50 minutes each time.
- Regulations for the first meeting: Due to limited resources, please attend the first meeting. If attendance is unable to be made, you will then be regarded as canceling the counseling appointment,then you must wait for 7 working days before making another new appointment.
- Leave regulations: If you are unable to come for some reason, please call 04-22840241 extension 39 as soon as possible (notify the day before at the latest). If you are absent without reason or ask for leave more than 2 times during the counseling process, the center will no longer reserve your meeting time.
- Service Fees: The center will not charge any fees for the counseling services provided by the center to the students of the school. However, if the punishment unit regulations satetes otherwise, then certain fees must be charged correspondently.
- Confidentiality principle: The center and professional counselors are responsible for keeping your information confidential, and will never disclose your information for no reason, but it is not within the scope of confidentiality when the safety of yourself or others is at risk, or if the law requires you to report matters.
- Safety: In order to ensu`re the safety of both parties during the meeting, it is forbidden to bring dangerous items such as tobacco and alcohol, unknown drugs, glassware, ropes, guns, ammunition and knives into the consultation place.
Counseling Service Available in English
for the Fall Semester of 2023 (August 28, 2023–February 2, 2024)
|09:10–10:00||Jung-Ying Tsai||Yen-Juei Chu
|10:10–11:00||Jung-Ying Tsai||Yen-Juei Chu
|11:10–12:00||Jung-Ying Tsai||Pei-Ling Hsu||Yen-Juei Chu
|13:10–14:00||Jung-Ying Tsai||Yen-Juei Chu
If you or a classmate are in an emergency, such as feeling extremely distressed or anxious, and need assistance, you can visit our center in person from 8:30-11:30/13:00-16:30 from Monday to Friday to use the emergency psychological counsltation service or contact us: 04-22840241 ext. 39.
You may also contact Office of Student Safety (24 hours) with no. 04-22870885 even it’s not office hours if the situation is very urgent.
Click to get into psychological resource area
All school staff and students are invited to participate in the on-campus mental health care work to help notify or referral students who have difficulties in physical and mental adjustment, tendencies of self-injury thoughts/actions, or behaviors that seriously affect their daily lives. The center will have trained professionals to provide further assistance.
Click to get the referral form
The center hold growth groups/workshops with different themes every semester, such as: self-affirmation, test anxiety management, stress coping, interpersonal relationships, career exploration and planning, intimate relationships, etc. Through activities and discussions led by psychologists, Members share and support each other, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and learn to grow in mutual support.
The center has a variety of psychological tests, including personality traits, career exploration, interpersonal relationships, etc., and will provide suitable tests according to your needs. Through the company of psychologists and interpretation of test results, you can improve your self-understanding.
If you need individual psychological tests service, please make an appointment via the online system: log in from the NCHU Single Sign On System→ entrance of each system → application for counseling and referral. If you need group psychological testing , please call 04-22840241 Ext 39 for further assistance.
- Click to get Mental Health Network Resource Form
- Free psychological consultation hotline
Name Hotline no. note 24-hour Suicide Prevention Hotline 1925 24 hour free consultation hotilne Teacher Chang hotline 1980 Monday to Saturday9:00-17:00/18:00-21:00. Sunday 9:00-17:00, Free for Chunghua Telecom number. Taiwan Lifeline International Hotline 1995 24 hour, free for Chunghua Telecom number. Pregnancy Care Hotline 0800-870870 Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30 Teens Support Hotline 0800-00-1769 For teenagers under 18. Available from Monday to Friday 16:30-19:30 Male-Care Hotline 0800-013-999 9:00-23:00 everyday Long-Term Care Hotline 1966 Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30
- Psychological Clinic in Taichung (Sorted by distance from school)
Name Phone no. Address Jen Ai Chang Gung Health Hospital, Taichung Branch 04-24819900 No. 483, Dongrong Rd, Dali Dist, Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Chung Shan Medical University Hospital 04-24739595 No. 110, Sec. 1, Jianguo N. R., South Dist, Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Ministry of Health and Welfare Taichung Hospital 04-22294411 No. 199, Sec. 1, Sanmin Rd, West Dist, Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) China Medical University Hospital 04-22052121 No. 2, Yude Rd, North Dist, Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Taichung Veterans General Hospital 04-2359-2525 No. 1650, Sec. 4, Taiwan Blvd, Xitun Dist, Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)